"About the weekend"

Hey guys,
    Hope you all are enjoying the weekend just as I'm enjoying mine,the best part is we still have Monday free yaaay!!!!,Anyway I just want to share my weekend experience plus drop some health tips..So I decided to pay a visit to "the lover's" elder sister who just gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and on getting there,the mum was preparing a popular Eastern delicacy, Anambra area to be precise called "ofe onugbu" which means bitter leaf soup I'm an average cook but I can't cook bitter leaf soup to save my life sha so this was my chance to learn it knowing one day I'll be cooking it for her son God willing lol,i even learnt how to prepare 'Goat Head' popularly known as 'isiewu' lol, both meals came out tasty,she's such a great cook,i had to my satisfaction both delicacies.When I got home I decided to google the health benefits of bitter leaf soup because most of the time we (me inclusive) eat a lot of stuffs without knowing their health benefits,I found out these few benefits:
Bitter leaf is rich in vitamins A,C,E,B1/B2.
Bitter leaf speeds up our metabolism which is good for weight loss.
Bitter leaf cures mild stomach ailments.
Its also said to soothe and cure pile.
Bitter leaf reduces high sugar level in the blood etc...
wow I didn't know all this,I guess same with some of you  so what are you waiting for??make it a point of duty to put bitter leaf soup at least once a week in your menu. As for the goat head,i prefer it to beef because it contains little or no fatty content.
My Sunday was also fun,the best part about Sunday ,asides being in the presence of the Lord is the 'Sunday Rice what's your preference? Is it Rice/Stew,Jollof Rice,Coconut Rice, Chinese Rice or Fried Rice??whichever it is just try using banana ,plantain or vegetable salad without cream to go with it,I prefer using banana though,i also had a glass of freshly  blended cucumber+orange +ginger juice. It was a healthy weekend after all lol..we should try as much as possible to take care of our health because its one of our greatest assets.. feel free to also share how your weekend was spent and what you learnt from it..
I wish you all a Fruitful and Prosperous New Month.. Bye for now...


EmoticonEmoticon